So this is it! The end of another year. 2018, as I have said before, has been my best reading year to date! I read 32 books this year and I can’t wait to see what 2019 has in store. I try not to plan things to extensively but check out my “Plan for 2019” blogpost which I posted about a week ago to have an idea of how I am going to attack 2019 head one!
I won’t try to overload you with loads of information but I took the stats from my Goodreads Wrap Up and have applied it here. These stats have been compiled by Goodreads.
- I read 11,486 pages over 32 books this year.
- My average book length was 358 pages.
- My average rating for 2018 was 4 stars exactly!
The shortest book I read in 2018 – 156 pages
The longest book I read in 2018 – 659 pages
My most popular book.
This book was read by 5,611,021 people on Goodreads.
My least popular book.
This book was read by only 297 other people on Goodreads.
The highest rated book on Goodreads that I read in 2018
This book was been rated on Goodreads an average of 4.55 stars.
Now we are going to break it down into what books I gave a certain number of stars to. Since I started this blog at the end of the year, it will also help you see what books I have been reading. One good thing this year is I gave no books 1 star.
Books that I gave 2 stars – 2
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One – Amanda Lovelace
- The Magician’s Nephew – C.S. Lewis
Books that I gave 3 stars – 8
- Murder on Christmas Eve – Edited by Cecily Gayford, written by Various Authors
- One of Us is Lying – Karen McManus
- The Sacrafice Box – Martin Stewart
- Fight Club – Chuck Palahiniuck
- The Song of Achilles – Madeline Miller
- Everless – Sara Holland
- The Colour of Magic – Terry Pratchett
- The Mermaid – Christina Henry
Books that I gave 4 stars – 9
- It Devours! – Jeffrey Cranor and Joeseph Fink
- Mythos – Stephen Fry
- Battle Royale – Koushun Takami
- The Riviera Express – T.P. Fielden
- Uprooted – Naomi Novik
- The Witch Doesn’t Burn in This One – Amanda Lovelace
- The Bear in the Nightingale – Katherine Arden
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman
Books that I gave 5 stars – 13
- Red Queen – Christina Henry
- Lost Boy – Christina Henry
- Caraval – Stephanie Garber
- Senlin Ascends – Josiah Bancroft
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K Rowling
- Gemina – Amie Kaufman
- Scythe – Neal Shusterman
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle – Stuart Turton
- Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi
- Circe – Madeline Miller
- The Murder on the Links – Agatha Christie
- The Hobbit – J.R.R Tolkien
I added 11 of these books into my all-time favourites list proving how successful my 2018 has been.
Lastly, for my 2018 wrap up I will break down the different genres I read this year and how many books of that genre I read. There will be overlapping as some books fit within multiple genres.
- Contemporary – 4
- Classics – 2
- Fantasy – 15
- Historical Fiction – 4
- LGBT Fiction – 4
- Murder Mystery – 4
- Mythology/Folklore – 5
- Plays/Poetry – 2 (Both poetry)
- Re-tellings – 3
- Romance – 6
- Sci-Fi – 4
- Steampunk – 1
- Paranormal – 1
One thought on “My 2018 Wrap Up”
[…] this is it! Another year end which means another wrap up! Last year I posted my first ever Yearly Wrap Up for this blog and had a such a good time making it. The year hadn’t even started and I was […]