A month of ups and downs this time round! I read some all-time favourites and I also DNFed a bit. Let’s get into it!
- I read 6 books this month.
- I DNFed 2 books this month.
- I continued with my challenges and read 1 book for my ONTD challenge, 1 book for my sequel challenge and 5 books were from my Physical TBR from the beginning of the year.
- In terms of genre I read; 2 classics, 2 fantasy, 1 urban fantasy which was also a murder mystery and 1 contemporary drama/thriller. We had a lot of cross over this month!
- I read 1 ARC, 4 paperbacks and 1 hardback.
- 2 books that I read this month were a gift.
The Great Gatsby – F Scott. Fitzgerald (DNF)
I wanted to pick this book up after watching the movie and falling in love with the story. That being said the love stopped at the movie and did not pass over to the book! I found the writing really boring and slow paced and I lost interest very quickly!
I normally don’t do reviews of DNFs but this book was an ARC so I must give a review for this book. My main struggle was the writing style. The writing was quite flowery and I couldn’t really grasp what the characters were saying.
Great worldbuilding, great character development. Bancroft really champions his female characters. I can’t actually believe there is only one book left of this amazing series!!
A book which is a love letter to Shakespeare! This book is all about relationships and the different dynamics between characters. It was seriously a book I could not put down!
Yeah… this was not it. Normally I tend to give 2 stars to books I don’t finish as I tend to not give low ratings but this was it. Had some good elements but the overall sexist vibe just ruined the story for me.
A book which restored my faith in YA fantasy! A dark re-telling of one of my favourite fairy tales, this book had me on the edge of my seat and theorizing the entire way through!